Monday, August 5, 2013

Reason #9 to Be Happy: Blog Schedule and Brownies

Hello friends! I hope you are having a wonderful Monday! :)

..

I have been trying to figure out exactly how I am going to do this blogging thing. I want it to be the best it can be. So... I came up with a schedule! This way you will know what kinds of things I will be posting each day. Are you ready??

Monday... A delicious recipe! Some of them will be old family recipes (like the one I will be sharing today)                    and others will be new ones that I have discovered and LOVE!

Tuesday... Picture Day! This post will be full of nothing but gorgeous pictures to make you smile. :)

Wednesday... Craftiness with Kids day! I will share something that I have done with kids recently. Hopefully                       it will help you and your little ones come up with ideas. If you don't have little ones then you                           can do it yourself; there is nothing wrong with that!

Thursday...  Story of the week! On this day I will share a story with you. This might be a children's story that                    I have read with kids lately and loved, a story from my own life, or some other kind of story.                        Whatever it is hopefully it will make you smile! :)

Friday... Guest post! On this day you will get a break from hearing from me! You will get a slice of someone               else's life and some more reasons to smile.

Saturday... On this day I will post something related to relationships (friends, family, etc.)

Yes, this means that I am going to try to be consistent with blogging! I will be doing my very best to post every single day (except for Sundays). I hope you will join me!

Now, what you have been waiting for!

I have a delicious family recipe to share with you today. I love family recipes because they have been tried and tested! Chances are if everyone in a family likes a recipe then it is probably pretty tasty! A bonus, is when the family is huge and the grandma loves to cook/bake. That, luckily, is the case!



Am I the only one who inevitably always makes a mess like this?

Anyway, this recipe is for chocolate marshmallow brownies with a chocolate frosting! I just made the brownie part because we were taking them to a church activity. They asked for regular brownies. But, if you are making them for yourself and your family I definitely recommend putting the marshmallows and frosting on it!

Here is the recipe:

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
4 eggs, well beaten
9 TBSP cocoa
1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 can evaporated milk
1/4 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup nuts, chopped (for frosting, optional of course)

Cream sugar and shortening. Add beaten eggs. Combine dry ingredients and add. Combine milk, water, and vanilla. Add last. Spread into pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover while still warm with miniature marshmallows. When cool, frost with any chocolate-butter frosting (with nuts added if you want). Cut in squares and enjoy! :)

One last thought...


Don't forget your smile today!

<3 Maddie Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment