Thursday, August 22, 2013

Reason #20 to Be Happy: Swig Sugar Cookies

When we were in St.George a couple of weeks ago there was a place called Swig. You might remember me talking about it.

Swig is awesome! Every time we were there the line was super long. It was a little weird to me at first because it's basically just a drink place with some cookies. But, once I tried those cookies I understood the reason behind the long line. 

The best news is that I found a recipe exactly like the cookies they sale! This could be a little dangerous but also delightful.


I found this recipe on the blog Vintage Revivals. Thank you Mandi! (Mandi is the blogger.) You can view her longer recipe tutorial here.

Swig Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter 
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tspt cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
5 1/2 cups flour

Cook at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Her recipe says 8 minutes but mine took more like 10. I also didn't have cream of tartar so I left it out. They were still ah- MAY- zing!


Sour Cream Frosting

1/2 cup butter
approximately 2 lb powdered sugar (about a bag)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
red food coloring (if you want them pink like the real Swig cookies)

Frost and enjoy! Mmm! Mmm! Mmm! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment