Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reason #14 to Be Happy: A Little Getaway and The Most Ridiculous Selfies

I just want to let you know that I am alive and well! I know, I missed like a week of blogging! I should probably be put in the blogger jail or something. :O

But, seriously. This blogging thing is pretty serious. I was out of town for the weekend and came back with over 100 notifications for other blogs. I guess I am learning how serious it all is. ha :)

On another note, I have never been too great with schedules. If I have to stick with a schedule for work or school or something I can do that. But, I have trouble with setting and sticking to schedules I set for myself. So, my little blogging schedule? Yeah, that probably won't be happening. But, I will try my best to continue blogging reasons to be happy because we all need them!

This weekend my wonderful husband and I took a mini vacation. We just went down to St.George (about four hours away from where we live). My family was there so we spent some time playing games, eating too much, and chatting. Here are some of the pictures from our little getaway:



Just looking over the city and enjoying this awesome view...


I always laugh at people who take selfies. I decided to take an amazing selfie of myself. Here you go...



Amazing, oh yes! I was so impressed that I had Brad take one of himself. Here you go!


He said it was going to make children and puppies cry. I suggested that he take another one but he didn't want to. Maybe he wants to scare them. Hmm... (I'm only kidding)


What is this weird looking place? It's Swig! Swig is a great little drive through with great Diet Coke and delish sugar cookies. What makes the Diet Coke so special? Well, Diet Coke itself is pretty special (silly) but they have all sorts of flavors that can be added. We had coconut flavoring added to ours. They have other things too bu,t let's be honest, those are the most important. If you don't know, I am a huge fan  lover of Diet Coke and bakery sweets. 

It looked a little questionable to me at first but it is SO good! If you are ever in the area be sure to try it out. We went there twice in one weekend (something that I probably shouldn't be admitting) and the line was long. Both times it went out into the road. But, don't let that stop you! It moves really fast. 


We went to see the beautiful temple. It was nice to walk around in the sunshine and have this reminder of happiness.


We took Belle to the park. She LOVED being able to frolic in the sunshine. Since we live in an apartment she doesn't get a lot of time to play outside. 

Brad loves helping her to go down the slide. It's pretty funny. She seems too enjoy it too though.



That's all for today! I hope that you have thought of some reasons to smile. Have a wonderful day!

<3 Maddie Rose









No comments:

Post a Comment