Thursday, August 8, 2013

Reason to Be Happy #12: A Story of the Freedom to Be Happy

Hello! Today I want to share one of my very favorite books with you. 

Once I got to the age where I could read chapter books by myself I loved the book, Ella Enchanted. It's interesting that I was so in love with this story. Normally I am not a huge fan of fantasy and prefer realistic or historical fiction. I think it is the original idea for the story that really captured me.



You might have seen the movie but the book is one million times better. It really is. 

Ella Enchanted was written by Gail Carson Levine. It is a book about a girl who as an infant had a spell cast on her. That spell was meant to be for good but it ended up causing Ella all sorts of problems. I won't go into the story too much. But, the biggest problem was that Ella couldn't make decisions for herself. 

A lot of times people say that they can't be happy. There is always an explanation. Often there is something or someone making it that way. Let's be honest, if we want to be unhappy we can all probably come up with plenty of reasons to be. But, the opposite is true too! 

Unfortunately, Ella had that taken away from her. But, we don't! We all can decide what we will do and if we will be happy. That freedom might just be the best freedom that we have. 


Thanks for visiting with me today!
<3 Maddie Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment