Monday, September 2, 2013

Reason #25 to be Happy: Swiss Days and Five Boutiques to Visit

This past weekend was one of my favorite weekends of the year! Midway, Utah (where my parents live) has a festival called Swiss Days every Labor Day. I honestly look forward to the weekend almost as much as Christmas! Seriously. Swiss Days is like the beginning of fall and the holidays. It seems like once it comes fall starts soon and the holidays begin. It's like a big celebration for the beginning of my favorite season and time of year! 




My husband, Brad and I had to take a picture in front of the town hall. I don't have a picture of the entire building but this gives you an idea what it is like. Isn't it cool??




Swiss Days has a lot of booths and one of them had the most amazing costumes! Above is the Belle dress. I thought it was incredible. Oh, and my Diet Coke is with me too (of course). :)

Part of Swiss Days is the incredible food. The bratzlies and scones are a must every year. Bratzlies are flat cinnamon Swiss cookies if you don't know. I would make them myself but you have to have a fancy press. If I ever get that I will definitely share a delicious recipe with you. 




If you ever get to Midway you must stop at Tarahumara. It is a great little Mexican restaurant. We go there with extended family after Swiss Days on Friday. It isn't Swiss BUT it is delish! 

I love Mexican food and it's the best authentic Mexican restaurant that I have ever been to. If you know me at all you can probably guess that my favorite thing there are their desserts. Above you can see me holding an order of churros. Yes, that is me with just one order of churros. Don't be too concerned; Brad and I shared them. 

Back to Swiss Days. I want to share a few of my favorite artists that had booths there with you. Here are five awesome people with great products that you will not want to miss!

First...





I bought quite a few things from Bella Ella! Their stuff is SO cute. It was hard for me to not buy everything they had. But, they have boutiques nearby so I can shop again! They have six boutiques in Utah. Two of those are in American Fork. The other ones are in Spanish Fork, Orem, Heber, and Pleasant Grove. Oh! Their prices are very affordable as well. LOVE that! :)
If you don't live in Utah don't be sad because you can still shop! They have an online boutique. Just click here! :)



Second...


Five Little Lines is a journal business. They have some great products. One of them is a journal that you can use for five years! The best part is that each day of each year you write right be that day for the next year. That means that you can look back and easily see what has changed, what hasn't, and all of those things. It is also great for any age! Adults and children would enjoy it equally. 



I think it would be fun to get one and do it as a family. It might be good to take turns writing on different days so that you get the perspectives of everyone in the family. 


Third...



I love the Urban Post. One great reason why I love it? It's an Etsy shop! I love supporting and finding other great Etsy shops. Lindsay is taking a little break to recover from Swiss Days. I can't blame her. There are a LOT of people and the boutique owners who brave it are... well... very brave! :)

I definitely recommend checking back so that you can see the great home decor that the boutique has when they do have items in stock. 


Fourth...



The Charmed Butterfly has personalized lockets. They have tons of darling charms that you can choose from. It is a great idea as a treat for yourself or a gift. They even do parties! I would recommend taking a minute to look into those because they offer 15% of the sales numbers from a party toward the hosts purchase. That could mean free personalized jewelry for you and a fun girls night too! :)


Fifth...



Although I am not a fan of pickles I am a fan of this handy little emergency essentials kit! Why? Because it's super cute and really convenient. 




In A Pikle also does parties! I always love a girl's night with great new products. If you are interested just fill out a few things like your name and phone here



I hope you enjoyed looking at these great businesses as much as I did! 

What did you and your family do for Labor Day? Do you have any traditions that you do for the long weekend every year? I would love to hear from you! 

as always,
love,










No comments:

Post a Comment