Monday, September 23, 2013

Reason #35 to Be Happy: Moving. It's in the Little Things.

My husband and I have been moving out of our apartment this past week. We are moving into my mother in-law's home for a few weeks. This moving thing has helped me to find another reason to be happy. Let me be more clear, moving itself, in my opinion, is not a very happy thing. I love new adventures and all that but it's a lot of work. I mean a lot. We are newly weds but we have way more stuff than you would think.

I am going to share five things that have helped the move not be so terrible for me.

1. learning more about my husband

I always knew my husband was a little geeky and it's one of the reasons why I love him. I never realized how geeky he really is though.

We have been clearing space out of my mother in-laws extra bedrooms so that we can have space for our own things. While doing so we have moved boxes and boxes to the garage. What's in the boxes? Toys of course!

Think Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, and that kind of thing. He has more toys than anyone I have ever known. I have definitely been laughing a lot about this.


These are just a few of his comics. He has plenty more. 

2. realizing how many lotions and perfumes I have

I know that I have a lot of craft supplies but I didn't realize how many lotions and perfumes I have. 


What can I say? I love wonderful smelling things. What girl doesn't? Oh, and if you can't tell I love Bath and Body Works.

3. finding a special necklace



A dear friend of mine gave me this necklace a few years ago. I used to wear it every single day. I was very happy to have it again.


4. a memory of our first date



I was very happy when I found this. It is a ticket to Brave (the Disney movie) that my husband and I saw on our very first date! It was such a perfect first date since I am Merida and all. We have a (kind of) joke about that.


5. a gift card




Gift cards are always nice but they are even better when least expected. I found this gift card to Kohl's while cleaning out our junk drawer. Don't ask me what a gift card was doing in the junk drawer. I certainly don't know! But, it's nice to have! :)

What things have kept you happy when moving? What has helped you to be not as stressed when you don't have time to destress?

as always,
love,










No comments:

Post a Comment