Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Reason #29 to Be Happy: Freedom

With today being September 11th I wouldn't feel very American if I didn't write a post about the events that happened on this day. My experience is not so different from any one else's but it was a day that made me grateful.





I remember it was just a normal day. My brother and I were getting ready for school. He was in 2nd grade and I was in 5th grade. It was around that time when we heard a knock on the door. It was my friend Sadi's parents. Sadi's brother was supposed to be leaving on a plane for an LDS mission on that day. But, it was postponed because there had been some terrorist attacks. 

Thinking back to that day it doesn't seem like it was too long ago in a way. In another way it seems like it was forever ago. I thought I was so old at the time. But, now I realize how young I really was. 

We watched the news in class and talked about what had happened. There was also an assembly. I don't know how much I really comprehended. Even now, I don't understand it all, I doubt any of us do. 





That day was full of more news watching than I have done any other day of my life. There were more tears shed than I can imagine. Families were torn apart. Loved ones were lost. 

But, there was also hope restored. When tragedy strikes people seem to gather closer together. We became more united as a nation. I believe that millions of Americans were able to see things with new eyes. They (including myself) realized how incredible the freedom that we have really is. 

What is your story from that day? 


as always, 
love,





No comments:

Post a Comment