Saturday, September 14, 2013

Reason #30 to Be Happy: What I Wish I Had Known Before I Got Married

I am more than half way through the first year of being married. This is still considered being newly weds to a lot of people. But, I feel like we (my husband and I) have learned and grown together. I am sure that will only continue.



Before we got married I knew that my husband was a sweet man. Well, I thought I knew. But, you can never be sure. I had always wondered how people who were wonderful ended up marrying people who were, well, not so wonderful. There are a lot of them out there and we all know them. Luckily, I did not end up in that situation.

To be honest I had never dated anyone as much of a quality person as Brad is. I definitely made my mistakes back in my dating days. However, I am blessed to have ended up with who I did. Sometimes I still wonder what happened.



If there was one thing that I wish I had known before we got married it would be to trust what I was doing. There were a few times when I had break downs because I wasn’t sure if it was perfect. 

No marriage is perfect. But, any marriage can have the potential to become perfect. Because we all have our faults we all have shortcomings. Together or apart we will have successes and failures. The wonderful thing about being married is that you get to experience them all together. Whether you are smiling and laughing or crying you always have someone to do it with.





If I were to give advice to someone dating or engaged I would tell them to trust themselves. This might mean making mistakes but it could also mean making the best decision of your lifetime. Either way you learn and are blessed through those lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment